Sunday, December 04, 2005

Useful and not.

Half of the time I get tired of the people around me. Part of it is antisocial tendencies that are just part of me, and part of it is just how many meaningless things people go on and on about. I am sure that what is going on in their minds isn't as meaningless as the things they are talking about. But still, I get so absolutely tired of it. I feel fulfilled when I am working with the objective world, discovering what is lying around me (because we -are- discovering, we are -not- creating in the regular sense of the word). That is what is exciting, that is what is important. Science, philosophy, art, culture. It's really what matters. I don't mind talking about what is now and here, or goofing out. But after I exhausted that, I feel I must leave it. I must leave it and go and work with something that truly matters.

Don't get me wrong, I love humanity. But sometimes the individuals make me very, very tired. And I feel like they should be more than they are. I can't bear it when I feel so entirely distant from people around me. Which happens at times. But I guess it is c'est la vie. I am at least glad to know so many extraordinary people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Bloggtoppen.se