Wednesday, December 07, 2005

I wish I could say with the French people: "Regardé, la foil de anglosaxons!" (or however it would look if you were better at French than I). But I have lost my faith in that. I've lost my faith in believing that we're so much better. The French government, and with the support of it's people and media have shown us who they still are. The remnants of a pathetic nation of imperialists, cowering before a new age. Afraid that their culture and language will be lost. I wish I could easily lash out at the leaders of the three, great anglosaxon nations. Blair, Bush and Howard - not only war criminals and racists, but also dangerous, dangerous murderers. Stalin was right when he said that one murder is a tragedy, a million is a statistics. It's all blurred together so much now. Perhaps Sarkozy, Chirac or de Villepin are actually glancing over at this awesome trio, and perhaps they realize that their actions would be much the same if they were in their position. For all this talk about unity, independence and the future I wonder if the European Union will just be the same thing. If we, too, will spend our times making oh-so-sincere speeches when our enemies bleed. But enemies only exist on a metapolitical scale, they do not exist between one people and another in that way. It exists interpersonally, and it exists between governments, between groups and between organizations. But it cannot ever exist in the form of ten thousand humans against ten thousand humans, who have never seen each others faces.

"As falls the dew on quenchless sands, blood only falls on ambitions hands." Our modern society needs it's physician, and the physician needs to be all of us. In the end, there is no prophet, no organization and no newspaper that can ever take care of the problems we have today. The problem is the media, the world order, the imperial ambitions of so many nations (whether they can realize them or not), dogmatists of all stripes, anti-humanitarians and many others. Perhaps in the end, all of us. We get the government that we deserve, and that is half true.

I'd write more, but my energy fails me. It's a great deal of disappointment, a whole lot of anger, a great batch of fierceness today. A belief that we must all somehow become Kantians in one respect. That what we have today in the world is just not enough at all. That formal freedom is fucking useless, that we could chuck it on the shitheap together with laissez-faire economics. That we could live without the Ayatollah, without Reagan, without Thatcher, that we would do just fine if none of those ever came up. Stalin, gang of four, Sharon. I'm so sick of it. I'm even more sick of the fucking sycophants who wander around, shouting "freedom, freedom!" and "national sovereignity!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Bloggtoppen.se